Speaker repair project, so far so good

The speaker repair kit arrived mid week. Today I took a crack at it. My initial post generated a comment from another vendor warning about the need to use shims to keep the speaker cone properly centered while mounting the new surround. This method is more invasive, requiring more labor and parts, so I went ahead and tried the “push as listen” method recommended by the first repair kit vendor. Luckily the cones in these particular speakers (Design Acoustics PS 8c) are mounted with pretty stiff paper so there was little mechanical play, making the centering a snap. One of the two speakers is now assembled and back in my bookcase. It sounds great, knock on wood.